Gratitude.

 During the night I felt the need to think gratitude.  It was gratitude for a good three hour sleep in our big comfy reclines that has provided sleep through surgeries for Doug and I in the past.  That chair has been loaned out to another friend healing from heart surgery.  It would seem that nights will continue to be spent in various places in our house.  Grateful feelings knowing I'm in a safe comfortable place to roam as needed.  

The night  included another trip through the healing messages in cards that have arrived daily in our mailbox.  Knowing friends are with me brings a feeling of gratitude.  I'm wondering what the mailman must be thinking!  

Today brings another visit to the Medical Center with a visit to those who have walked the beginning walk with me.  Their support has been immeasurable.  Yesterday a direction was  indicated moving out of the this surgery experience and forward into what could be the medical part of treating cancer hiding somewhere else in my body. I have oncologist names now.  A breast MRI is scheduled for March 5th.  It would seem to be some time away but knowing the difficulty I have lying on my back and March 5th being just a bit away...this might work. Gratitude abounds even with noisy MRI's.  I can do it.  

Gratitude allowing me to say no to a nurse visit today.  To many visits in one day are a bit wearing.  I feel good when I know that others are happy.  This time I said to myself...I need to be happy.  So...visit another day, dear nurse.  I must admit that also was a directive from my sister...a nurse.  Gratitude for my sister who live near by.    

Early this morning during one of my sleepless hours I checked my email.  With much gratitude I received a package alert from Leslie and Dennis, my UP Michigan friends.  Now my mind is alive with...Are  Pasties coming or is it Smoked Lake Salmon.  My, my...what great choices.  Our friendship, Dennis' for almost 50 years and Leslie's a bit shorter is reason for gratitude regardless of the package alert.  Dennis' pottery interests have spurred that interest in our youngest son and wife, Jared and Kimmy.   Thanksgiving gratitude, their friendship a gift to our family.  

And of course...gratitude for Doug.  A tireless companion who changes wound dressings, empties drains, tells me when he's leaving the house for the mailbox and is a quiet helping husband.  I am indeed grateful.  

The day is here...there is light in the window and Morning Joe is holding forth on MSNBC.  He's just a poor little southern lawyer who rides  around in the back of a turnip truck.  Words from his mouth.   Makes me laugh.  Sometimes he "spins" and sometimes he doesn't.  Meca is off this morning...She tends to keep him anchored.  

I owe the Lord a morning song....of gratitude and praise...for the kind mercy he has shown, in lengthening out my days. 

Comments

  1. "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him and bless his name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations." Psalm 100:4-5

    You are such a blessing sharing your heart of gratitude and thankfulness as you go through this journey. No matter what we go through, there is always so much to be thankful for and we can always see that God is right there with us, helping us through and sending the right people to take care of us and encourage us. Your post about gratitude is sure a great encouragement to me and I am sure many. You are continually on my heart and in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little late to get back to your blog - but I will catch up with all the past posts. I have skipped around and some of them. I will try to get organized and read them all, so I can keep up with all the details. Thank heavens for Nana Schaard who is clearly a steady reader and life-affirmer! From your comment about sitting up to sleep because of apnea made me aware that you are unable to wear your CPAP - as someone else commented, there are a lot of consequences that are not clear at first. Well, just keep on keepin' on being grateful for the new days and the extra waking time at night to look over your cards. I'll be back to read more. (Weather is fine here in Georgia - in the 50s now. Rain seems to have stopped for a couple of days. Early this morning, folks broke a window and came into the Store, tried to open the cash register with a screwdriver but the alarm with a 3 minute delay apparently scared them away. PD heard the alarm and went down. Police are handling things now.Who thinks monasteries are dull?)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday