Yes...answers and Not yet answers.

 Don't worry, Things take the time they take.  Don't worry.  How many roads did St. Augustine follow before he became St. Augustine.  M Oliver.  

I repeated this to the surgeon  who was with me at yesterday's visit.    Her expertise was to take muscle from my back and put it on my head to protect the head wound where the tumor was extracted.  She was so apologetic about the need for more time for a good answers.  This cancer is a bit complicated because finding where it originated in the body is still to be determined.  So...a bit more time to decide on a comprehensive plan to make necessary treatment decisions.  This morning the tumor board meets again and this case will be discussed again with perhaps a plan of action coming as soon as tomorrow or perhaps Monday.   I look forward to knowing the name of the oncologist who will be walking with me on this journey to complete health. 

What you have read is the no answer that still is to come. .  

Now the yes answer.  The biopsy for the bone the tumor was sitting on is clear of cancer.  That is something noted for a big celebration.    No cancer in the bone.  Thanks be to God.  

Oh, yes.  One less drain to fool with.  I'm down to one left and it's working well so it is staying with me.  There is a good chance it will finish it's job by Tues. when it's another trip to the Med center to see my healing friends, called hands of God..  

The fact is that I'm feeling better each day meaning that I love to walk around the house, watch tv, text my grandsons, take pictures to compare my leg wound, enjoy the birds at the feeder and make my own breakfast,  I've always eaten early, Doug always sleeps late!!!    Last night I told Doug that I wish I had a little project to do. I think that way when my back is quiet and my feet aren't a bit puffy and stiff reminding me that life changed a bit Feb. 1.  My mind and body sometimes don't listen to each other very well.  That is nothing new.  I cannot blame that on surgery.  That's a problem of many, many years but for the most part the assignment is listening to my better angels.  Things take the time they take.   

Scheduled for today...PT at 1 O'clock.  I have assignments to complete and believe me I'm going to succeed with them.  It may be at a turtle pace but we know who won the race.  

I feel loved  and swaddled in prayer by all of you...my better angels.  

As some of you might know, Doug has a large hiatial hernia.  He is working very hard to keep that hernia happy.  No hick up is needed at this point.   Today he is visiting his "blood" doctor.  These two things might have some connection...the hernia leaking blood  and his needing B 12 iron shots each month.  His surgeon made this possible connection.  B 12 shorts have gone on for some time,  The hernia is very old. .I'll be looking forward to the discussion that will happen this afternoon  Are they related?    

God be near.  God is near.  


Comments

  1. I love the good news and am praising God for it! No cancer in the bone is amazing news! I am happy to hear you are feeling better each day and are walking around the house, texting grandsons, and making your own breakfast, plus the other stuff. We have so much to thank God for. God sure is near! Praying for the right plan to bring you back to health. Praying for Doug's hernia to stay happy too. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday