Another Start. Call it Grace.

 Life gives us many opportunities  to start over.  It could be called grace.  The getting started part might be the biggest stumbling block to over come.  But when the getting over part is finished light comes once again.  Monday there was a stumbling block but one that was pushed aside with the help of a friend bringing light. The block was removed but not forgotten if one is to remember and learn.  

Yesterday...yes...getting ready for a family visit meant that a trip to Aldi's was necessary.  This time I hopped in the car and off to the grocery.  My first trip solo not really thinking through the process.  I shopped and shopped and then to the check out station not remembering that I had been to the drugstore, using my credit card and then leaving it in the car, not in my purse. I call that surgery fog I was warned about.  So  off to the car to get the card.  In the parking lot I heard a voice call my name.  Where did it come from?  Looking around I found  Rosie...it was Rosie.  She was there shopping for a candy gift for Dot.  Rosie helped me pack a huge cart full of food into shopping bags, pushing the cart to the car and helping to pack the trunk with my groceries.  Now I call that a God thing.  Again...my good friend Rosie to the rescue at the right time and place.    Thinking the shopping  process through to the end is a lesson well learned.  

I baked all afternoon adding cookies, pie, and cake now in the freezer ready for the weekend.  My teenage grandson's eat.  What a blessing to have enough food for them.  A nap finished the afternoon.  Supper...another great salad and then between rain showers Stella and I had a walk.  A great thanksgiving for a body and mind able to prepare for the weekend.  

April is next on the list of months.  Doctor Moore had ask that I wait till then to use my c pap sleeping machine.  Seven days early I tried on the mask and  discovered that my skin flap was in pretty clear territory not confined completely with straps holding the mask.  Wearing it would mean that the bed would be ready for me.  So...a bit early but feeling confident, I slept in bed for the first time since returning home,  I slept well.  Another successful experience among many these past few weeks, supporting the fact that this part of healing is making a great come back.     Blessing's abound.  

Today...more kitchen work  to support a fun filled weekend one addition being sweet rolls.  I may need to borrow a cup of flour from my neighbor.  

Comments

  1. Oh goodness. I have flour, however I was gone all day. I hope you found some! It is wonderful to hear that you are sleeping better and healing each day. We all thank our Great God for that. He is a healer!
    We wish you a wonderful weekend with your family.
    Kathy F.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday