Bad decision.

 I did it again.  Learning to live with a compromised body is the assignment that isn't easy.   Not thinking about  consequences brings surprises.   The weather has been wonderful for this time of year.  My walks with Stella, sitting on the patio enjoying the heat of the sun, watching the birds at the feeders and trying to outsmart the squirrel, setting the trap for the chipmunk...yes...I saw one of those.  Such good entertainment. The bad decision  part came while looking for crocus and Lenten Rose flowers.  They seem to be hiding under stuff that could be removed.  And I assigned myself the job of finding them.  There are many flowers to find..  All of the surgeries are on the right side of my body.  The right hand holds the clippers...Get it???.   Bet you do.  All together I did about 10 minutes of clipping and gathering.  NOT good.  The hot shower felt so good and I took a couple of pills early.  The energy bucket was totally emptied.  So it's time to reorganize my thinking with the hope that yesterday will be a well remembered day for the good reasons and more importantly the not so good happenings.  Jared, our son often repeats..."Always learning" when  applying those words to pottery making.  Well, his mother should say the same for even better reasons.  Our children continue to teach.  

Today it's PT time around noon. The last session on strengthening.  The phone has brought no other information.  All in good time when there is information to share if I can remember that. I don't do slow easily.   The windows are still dark.  The night brought another Harvey sermon about dry bones and breathing new life into dry bones.  It's was a night for Mozart's Requiem.  I remember so well singing that with our Cathedral Singers.  Thank you Mozart for all of your notes.   The alto part was still played well in my long term memory box..    I was blessed once again with the gift of the night.  

Comments

  1. Well, I hope we are always learning - unfortunately, it takes several times to learn some things . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the best way to learn...ouch! Bill is the same way with his shoulder. He doesn't like to slow down either. He isn't supposed to lift anything though and yesterday I caught him taking a door off the attic and carrying it. He had two hands on it too. I can imagine how hard it is for you this time of year when those first flowers are poking through. I check mine every day. I have hyacinths and daffodils poking up. Hard not to do what you are used to, but will help you not be in such pain so well worth it. Continuing to pray for you and very blessed by your great attitude and joyful heart. You are a great example of dancing in the rain and a great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday