It's Thanksgiving Day...NO trip to Georgia or turkey!

 Yesterday's doctor visit with Dr. James Miller Neuro surgeon has completed another round of visits with all the surgeons.  There is only one last Dr. Moore follow up in two months..  The doctors are very, very happy with the process of healing.  That's a thanksgiving.  One wish from  me was to have a descriptive record of what happened Feb. 1 during that long day of surgery.  Records came from all the surgeons.   IU and IU Methodist are teaching hospitals.  I'm so proud of that.  I learned that a resident neuro surgeon was part of Dr. Miller's team.  I was happy to be a part of his learning experience.  

I learned...The day evolved around a plan made by Dr. Moore and others..  He and his ENT team did their part removing the tumor.  Then the neuro surgeon's team moved in and they did an invasion of the bone under the tumor making sure that that area received a healthy repacked to protect the brain .  Then Dr. Yesensky's team moved in moving muscle from my back to protect the skull invasion topping it off with a skin graft.    Dr. Moore stayed through out.  All the parts have brought healing to the body. It is a time for thanksgiving knowing that there are doctors who have these particular healing interests near by.   The next chapter in the saga will start Fri. with a breast MRI.  Where did that elusive breast cancer begin.  Where is it hiding.  We know it appeared on my head.  How strange.  But with thanksgiving, it did.  Prayers for the next set of doctors soon to come into our lives.    

I'm remembering...No amount of regret changes the past.  No amount of anxiety changes the future.  Any amount of gratitude changes the present.  

The weather has been the best for walking.  My neighbors, drive by when I'm out with Stella giving  me a great fist pump!  Another thanksgiving signal.  Today should be the same.  My fifth session with Victor, the PT guy happens at noon.  Nights and days continue to be interesting where sleep is involved.  It is what it is and I am OK with that.  With thanksgiving I am blessed to be able to live a rather simple life with few responsibilities and a loving husband who fills in the spaces where I have difficulty.  Another day of thanksgiving.  God is here.  

Comments

  1. I wholeheartedly agree. I am so thankful for your physicians, nurses, technicians and staff. Your remarkable journey is a testimony to the talent we have here in Indy. Your remarkable journey is also an encouragement to everyone who hears. Your vulnerability is a healing gift offered to others. You unite us with the common humanity we all share, our bodies have limits, our souls and minds do not.

    May you enjoy these gorgeous days.
    Kathy F.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday