Light.

 There is light in the window.  It is such a dependable light coming every morning..  It would be noted as a light from a dependable God.  Another day of blessing to come after yesterday's events that were more than expected.  The morning concluded with a walk around the block checking out the neighborhood, once more with Stella the Stroller.  She has a seat for a tired walker with room under that seat for all kinds of things. My Iphone and Kleenex are often stored there.  There might be a picture out there.  

The Breast MRI came next...another trip to IU North Hospital.  It's just a 12 minute drive.  I had two wonderful ladies to guide me through the process which was a bit different than head MRI's.  But never the less, I persisted and the 25 minute process was completed with music from Vivaldi and Strauss piped in.  I so appreciated their positive kind words during the process and I made sure that my gratefulness for their healing hands was heard.  I would expect a phone call sometime next week concerning the results of this latest MRI. 

During this whole health experience starting in Dec. I have become aware that  when positive words are surrounding me no matter the topic discussed, it is keeping my mind and body in a place of healing.  I am not afraid to speak up  for that positive place of healing if it is not happening. Be ware!!!!  Perhaps some day I can go back to tougher discussions but not for the present.  Healing is the priority of the day.

Another surprise of the day was a wonderful visit with friends of more than 50 years.  That was Bob and Rita arrival with veg. soup.  Their visit would have been appreciated even if there was no soup.  Lots of old talk with Bob sitting in the healing recliner that moved to their house when Bob had heart surgery.  Lots of fun talk with a lot of laughs.  Our long term memory is excellent. 

And now for another word of gratitude.  Last night's sleep was still the best to come.  Perhaps the body is finally emptying of all that was pumped in during surgery, perhaps it was something else.  What ever the reason, last night was a gift.  The chair still is the sleeping nest.  Sleep apnea is beaten away in that configuration.  Wake ups soon returned to sleep.  A gift to be remembered.  God is here.  

Comments

  1. I am slow. Only with this entry did I realize that Stella is not a human person. When you mentioned the seat and the storage I recognized what several of our older monks use. Frankly, I am sort of looking forward to having one some day - I love the storage area and the way it becomes a seat! II watch Fr. Tom Francis (93) carefully pull down the brakes before he sits down. Good idea, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday