Sarah...a woman of the Bible

 There is a connection in name and maybe more.  I have a Sarah as well.  She called yesterday.  Why didn't I think to call her.  Sarah is a Cathedral Singers Church Choir Friend.  She get's capital letters.  Sarah is an alto and often would sit beside me when we rehearsed..  She usually was late to practice, coming in and quietly taking her seat pulling out her supper to eat while we rehearsed.  Why was she late.  Why did she eat.  Sarah is a nurse working at I U North with cancer patients.  She loves her patients wanting to make the best life she can for them.  How many years has she done this?  I don't know but I suspect many.  At a point not to long ago, Sarah decided the time had come to make a job change.  She took 2 weeks off and now is working at the same hospital with cancer as a focus in clinical trials.  Sarah loves her work. She is good at it.  She called yesterday asking many questions.  I had some answers and there were questions with no answers.  Time was so well spent and I'm on to poking the next gentle bear...meaning my next doctor.  She gave more than one example  as to expectations that might be occurring in the months ahead. 

 An interesting comment Sarah added was that my cancer seemed to be a Zebra.  The word Zebra indicates something a bit different in scope.  It's not the usual horse...but a Zebra.  I'll never forget the Zebra's seen in Kenya along the road.  It was something a bit different.  . So perhaps a Zebra it is.   

Sarah helped me to understand process.  There is a cancer board led by my doctor,  meeting with an 8 member team every Friday  discussing their  latest cases.  Office visits are on Monday.  Last Friday's phone call reminded me that "they know me".  There probably was a board meeting as we spoke.    Sarah seems to know ALL the doctors...maybe not  all but she knows a whole lot of them.  She asked if it was OK for her to make contact with my assigned doctor.  .  Well, of course I said...Go. Sarah.  So...once again there is a process.  Now I know what it is.  Sarah is a woman of the Bible walking with Abraham  but I also have a Sarah who will walk with me.  Monday I will make another call.

This morning I woke up with thinking first these words.  Family of God.  Now where do you suppose that came from.  These last few months have been interesting in so many ways.  God is here.  

Later in the morning I spent some time with my Bread and Bowl friends at church and some time in the sanctuary with visuals adding some fresh touches and packing some things away.  It's Sunday.  

The rest of the day included another walk with Stella, There was a funny short conversation with the Carmel Policeman sitting in his car at the end of our driveway after my stroller walk with Stella.  Now here is gray haired lady using a stroller asking if he needed help.  No help needed...he was doing paper work.  Sounds like a store shelf answer to me.  He left shortly after.  We had a good laugh.  

My neighbors...such helpful folks...left a basket of pansies on the patio.  Right now they are reminding me of spring sitting on the dining room table but they should go in my patio pot today.  Flowers are such healing plants.  Life is interesting.   My friend Sarah has been and will have a huge part in the word interesting.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday