St. Augustine and Things.

 Remember this from  some time ago?  

Don't worry, THINGS take the time they take. Don't worry.  How many roads did St. Augustine follow before  he became St. Augustine.   

Yesterday morning  a part of these words  starting with THINGS take the time they take, came to mind.  I hadn't thought often of St. Augustine in the days since surgery but yesterday those words seemed to be right in front of me.  Why did my thinking bring that message to me for a yesterday message?

I think I know...So now some THINGS.  So the road  toward healing is called radiation with chemo possibilities to still be determined.  Unless there is a real change in my body, it probably won't happen.. But it has not been completely ruled out.  A visit to my dentist, since it will be radiation of the head and neck will happen on the 29th at 12..  Teeth among other necessary above the shoulder THINGS are important to monitor and protect.   April 5th is a first time visit to the radiation oncologist to better understand the road trip. Knowing there is a  plan brings a sense of moving on, not being stuck.  THINGS are becoming clearer.    I called two of my support buddies and we in a sense celebrated that the road ahead was there with the destination still to be determined.  I'll take the road.  It may be one of those long trips but I'm happy to take the road starting the trip.  

So other news of the morning.  Heidi and I made our little trip to Marvin's near the ball park on 16th street to get the church palm order.  Well...the little part turned into the big part.  Marvin's had moved to the far, far east side.  So on to Rt. 70 and driving to what seemed like Dayton, Ohio finally got us to Marvin's.  What a hoot.  Heidi in the navigators seat and I with hands on the wheel flying along with all the other traffic. My mind felt free and in a new place.  So after walking Marvin's and seeing all the pretty stuff we headed back to church with our loot.  Such fun to be together with Heidi doing something that will bring such  joy to folks gathering Palm Sunday afternoon at the church.   

An evening of reading about gardening including herb gardening lead to a wonderful night of sleep in my bed!  I've got to remember that routine.  I've got to work at sleeping.  It's an important THING that has been a bit evasive.  

With great thanksgiving for a day of decision sharing with Dr. Moore, I am grateful for many THINGS.   Today it's time with grandson Noah.  Tomorrow begins the big family weekend.  Blessings abound.  My cup over flows.  God is here.  Family time to give thanks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday