A gift.

 Living another day is like a gift received and a gift to give.  It's a gift of grace.  Songs have been coursing through my mind lately.  It happens when I'm out with Stella.  It happens when awake at night.  It happens in the garden.  The words from Great is Thy Faithfullness is the current one with all three verses of that song  with me often.  Verse two...Pardon for Sin and a Peace that Endureth.  What a gift.  

Yesterday was another day with edging.  Getting close to be finished and maybe today will see that happen.  Doug...please don't hide the shovel.  Another evening meal with asparagus and potatoes with horseradish on top.  Spring horseradish is so sweet.   I could eat it straight from the jar. It appears in my scrambled egg breakfast.   This morning on my  garden walk in the 30 some degree air, with coffee in hand, I spotted radishes pushing up hard dirt.  They need a drink.  The latest indoor planting of little zinnias now has a few showing themselves on the air side of the pot.  They are receiving their dose of sun through the living room windows. 

The calendar tells me that this is probably the last week of the daily ritual  of fun in the garden and no necessary trips to somewhere.  Another gift noted.    Yesterday included a great visit with neighbor Judy on the patio watching the warbler and woodpeckers among other birds at the feeder.  Still waiting for the O bird and the H. bird.  They missed my appointed day for their arrival day in Carmel probably stopped along the way visiting with other friends.  Yesterday another neighbor had a busy work crew building a much needed and improved patio.  And the house across the street might be sold after being empty for more than 6 years after many improvements completed..  People are busy.  

With way to much but really enjoyable time in the garden making a difference, Stella elected not to drop by.  I miss her walk but sometimes it's better to skip that visit. It could really be very, very far around the block on certain occasions.   Another great visit was by phone with Mary B.  We've known each other since her two boys and our two boys were young things at church.   She is one of those friends where conversations just pick up where we left off with months of no conversations occuring.  Her mother is 98 and in hospice care.  She needs our prayers. 

Today is my sister's birthday.  Mary K lives right here in Carmel.  Yes we are two buckeyes transplanted.  We are so fortunate in these days to  live near each other.  She is 4 years older than I and because you all have forgotten my age, I'm keeping her age unlisted.  Happy Birthday Mary K.  Three years ago I planted a Buckeye Tree in the front yard.  It is a foot tall now!!!!   

Finishing that second verse where I stopped...Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide.  Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.  Blessings all mine with ten thousands beside.  God is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday