A Grateful Change.

 Last December when we knew that getting back to good health would be an issue in the coming months, organization needed to be a priority.  So this is what we did.  Each year we receive a calendar from the Monastery of the Holy Spirit located at Conyers, Georgia.  Doug's brother is living as a monk and as a Catholic priest there.  I selected that calendar to help with keeping appointment times clear. .  I chose red and green markers to indicate days for doctor's visits.  Red for me.  Green for Doug.  The colors now are few and far between.  I would say that's a positive development..  The major  storm seems to have passed and it really feels like we're heading toward calmer water where dancing is a bit easier.  There seems to be a flicker of light signaling the end to this current health experience is nearing. God is here. 

Spring temperatures are here for a few more days although today rain seems to be a part of  that spring.  It's April Showers month  The grass seeds must get busy...It's gardener talk again.  Zinnia seeds continue to turn green with their first sign of growth standing tall on their little stems.  Seeds are a great example of Hope.  That certainly is a huge part of gardening.  I did my share of scraping dirt  yesterday and then it was patio time again texting and talking to friends.  During the morning walk I found that  deer loves bloodroot flowers.  They really have a varied diet.  

This morning while doing the crossword puzzle, I became aware of hooting.  So...out to the patio to hear two Great Horned Owls talking to each other in the pine tree at the edge of the yard.  I've heard hooting before but these songs were a little bit of this and a little of that.  Sounded like a hooting celebration of some sort.   A wonderful morning memory.  Got to love those owls.  

Noah is stopping by today instead of tomorrow.  I'd like to do more outside things with him but we'll need to honor the weather.  Could be a chocolate chip cookie making day.  

I posted this early in January...

            Life is not waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain.  

A plaque with these words, gifted to me by Jillian are found on my dining room table.  I pass by and read those words many times..  It's something positive to remember.  I first saw these word, scribble on a piece of paper  on the doctor's wall during my first visit with a cancer doctor, Dr. Lochrer. 

So today April Showers...Rain, Rain, go away, not before you dampen my seeds or something like that.  Sounds like a dancing day.  Gratitude abounds for a host of gifts.  . 

Comments

  1. So, I have been thinking of Norbert and the name. I would hate that the name makes Norbert comfortable enough to stick around longer than necessary. So, I began thinking about psalms to suggest you use with Norbert. I live with psalms every day. So, here we go:

    There are a number of cursing psalms that are not good when directed toward people, although I think Norbert deserves to hear some. I heartily recommend Psalm 109 said directly to Norbert. As often as you think necessary.

    Then there are several that clearly oppose Norbert but show great trust in God. Try Psalms 3 and 59.

    Of course, many psalms support your attitude. I keep hearing psalm 100 under a lot of what you write. Many people love psalm 23. Don't forget psalms 42, 63, 80, 81, 84, 144, 145, 150 -- well, and countless others that support you at this time.

    And I urge you to pray the psalm that has been prayed every night for centuries by countless thousands of people: psalm 91. It is a great way to end the day and a great way to remind you of just who is protecting you from danger.

    But aim 109 directly at Norbert.

    "Hasta la vista, baby." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxaXmXvjnU

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's Word is the sword of the Spirit. Give Norbert some good powerful jabs with that Psalm.
    Great Scriptures!
    Nothing like God's Word to bring peace, and increase faith, hope and trust. What an awesome God we have. Psalm 102:20...He sent His Word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday