A Huge Surprise.

 Perhaps not to the blog readers but it was to me.  A little awake and then sleep, a little awake and then sleep starting around 5 and lasting till 7.  What a gift.  Then shower, breakfast, crossword and off to Bread and Bowl, our church mission to the community. This entry is an afternoon entry.   It was such a liberating feeling to be driving south toward church, knowing that today I would be  serving others.  I must say that the past few months saw a host of folks supporting my needs.  Today it was my turn to do the support part.  Visitors came to get a carry out a meal or two  and Johnson and Johnson shots were available for those who needed and wanted protection from the Covid virus.  A few said no but some said yes to the invitation.  . Shots on more Saturdays will be available in the coming weeks.  

Yesterday again was a fun day in the garden.  More weeds were banished.  The garden was checked to look for more emerging surprises.  I found that the four Swamp Milkweed plants are ]starting to grow and the Butterfly Weed is emerging.  That is my favorite plant in the garden.  It's orange with such pretty flowers and both mentioned plants are Monarch butterfly favorite.  Once again there will be exciting adventures with the Monarch.  So much fun with some years releasing at least 40 Monarch butterflies.  I think this will be my 4th summer of that kind of fun.  Dill also attracts Swallowtail butterflies.  One sad fact...after having a huge plot of Common Milk Weed more than a couple of years ago, I decided to kill weeds in that plot with Round Up.  That was a regretful decision.  The Round Up sank to the unseen at the time Common Milk Weed and it has yet to recover.  I wasn't thinking!!!  Both Swamp Milkweed and Butterfly Weed are supporting the current "flock" of butterflies expected.  Both plants bought at the garden shop.   And many zinnia's planted and now emerging in the  peat pots will be the attractors.  Monarch's need both attracting flowers and host plants for their eggs. .  

The Russell Michigan family has Common Milkweed lining their road and have successful helped Monarch along the way.  

It's another gift of a beautiful day.  Fresh air, trees in bloom, surprises in the garden and a feeling that I'm ready for the next part of healing, that being radiation.  Yesterday I had my simulation session. I met my three support team members who will be with me each session.  Lots of electronic measurements of my head and neck were taken, a face/chest mask to prevent any movement during radiation were made with an additional education session with a nurse.  It was a very interesting morning.  Radiation will begin on April 21 and end June 4th.  32 sessions to send Norbert on his way.  Out, out #$%^#@ Norbert according to Psalm 109.  

During the session yesterday while being fitted with the mask which took 20 minutes to harden and also during that time measurements were taken with the scanning machine, I kept my mind in the right place by thinking the 23rd Psalm.  I got stuck on the words unable to move to the end when Thou anointest  my head with oil came. I repeated that over and over to remember it well with knowing that Psalms has a message for all of the ages including ours.  And my cup does overflows.  God is here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday