A little later than usual.

 Yes...it was a doing morning and while I can do I will do.  That could change perhaps sooner than I would like. But perhaps not.  Up and busy with morning stuff, breakfast, crossword puzzle and a whole list of to do PT exercises that should move fluid from my neck to where is should be.  That's a good 30 minutes of work in the morning and evening.  I'm certainly aware of fluid that needs to go where it doesn't want to go.  When all the home stuff was completed...not the blog of course...I drove to church to work with my great support team of folks getting ready for Bread and Bowl...It's the churches lunch program that provides meals 3 days a week for folks who are in need, most walking to the church.  Two other churches near by fill out the week with the same ministry. The morning drive seemed to be the perfect spring drive with trees in bloom, lawns manicured perfectly, folks out walking their dog and enjoying the fresh air just as I was.  My senses seem to be on high alert noticing so many things in a new way.  We worked through the morning getting carry out meals ready for the 11 o'clock opening time.  We fixed 48 meals and all were gone by 12.  It was a morning of visiting with our church neighbor friends.  Most folks take two meals to get them through the weekend.  Our days to serve are Tues, Thurs, and Sat.  Other churches near by serve meals on the days not listed.  

And sure enough, on the way home the car drove into Rosie's Garden Shop.  So many things to look at and so many surprises that I usually find later in the spring.  I must plan a trip back with my gift card.  I added a cabbage plant and sage plant to the little herb garden joining onions, lettuce, red beets, parsley among other things that are cold weather hardy.  That little plot is full.  The bigger plot will have a tomato or two, perhaps some peppers along with flowers to attract my Monarch friends.  Those mentioned are hot weather friends.  Planting now is NOT  worth the effort.  They would not be happy.  

So much to plan for and think about, that in a sense is a distraction with purpose.  Not just a distraction to distract..  New beginnings, a gardeners favorite with another chance to get it right.  And for some reason gardeners always want to do it again regardless of chance or years having been tried.  And from a book given to me years ago from one of my little second graders...She who loves a garden treats it with tenderness because that has made all the difference.    I would agree with that unless it's that Creeping Charlie plant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday