A Singing Day with the Psalms.

How interesting to take a walk through the Psalms.  I would say 108 has some strong medicine for Norbert.  Verse 17 should send him packing.  I grew up in a church and time when memorizing was something you just did young and old alike.  Those Sunday morning and  evening services, Thurs prayer meetings, and VBS kept us busy.  So  the 23rd and 100th still talk to me. For the  91st...Here's a story.  As some of you know, I've made many stoles for ministers.  When Brian Williams was on staff, I asked him what his favorite Psalm was.  His was the 91st, s a very good  but very L O N G Psalm.  So the challenge was to stitch all of those words on to fabric.  It took a while and a God given gift came when I realized that stitching led to completing the Psalm before running out of fabric space.  More Psalm stories...One year the church choir sang many versions of the 23rd song in a concert. Just the 23rd.   The 150 Psalm has been sung many times  by the choir.   And now I need to include on my Dee/Cassian sheet of suggested Psalm's the Penny suggestion.  It's music time.  

Yesterday was an interesting weather day.  A few sprinkles, then sun and then it happened all over again.  I didn't count how many the over again happened.  Noah and I enjoyed being outside rain or shine.   A little more flower bed edging occurred and getting the little pond liner in with Eric carrying 10 buckets of water to fill the little pond ended the day. .  Our solar pond pump, after having no guarantee of working on arrival lasted 3 years.  A new pump should arrive tomorrow from Amazon. The solar bird bath fountain is just cruising along entertaining us and the birds.  

For today in less than an hour I'll meet a new team of health helpers.  This team  will be marking my head and neck area with ink dots to guide the radiation team in our together  march toward health in a few weeks.  That will be another 6 weeks period with folks who will dance in the rain with me no matter the storm.

Another Psalm.  59 17.  For you oh God are my fortress who has shown me steadfast love.   I've left out a few words but what I've written is an important message I hear.   


Comments

  1. Great news that you are remembering all that music. That's going to make it easier to sink into those psalms. I doubt that Bach ever set Psalm 109 to music, so you are going to have to make your own. Maybe avoid any violins and use plenty of cannon and drums (especially kettle drums rolling like thunder) and high-pitched piccolo screeches to drive home the point.

    I'm happy to see a verse from Psalm 59. I like that because it's pretty strong both about the foe and about God's strength.

    How about stitching psalm 91 on a throw to sleep under? Or to wrap in on cold evenings or mornings in the UP?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday