In a HUFF.

 Mother Nature is ticked off and in a huge huff.  What could have happened.  Well, could or could not be that climate change thing we hear about.  I've lived long enough to see the ground covered with a thick at least two inch coating of snow, tree flocking included and it's 10 days till May.  Good grief.  Not much we can do but look at it.  Upsidedown flower pots are everywhere.  It will be very interesting to see how well the plants have survived.  It's always something weather wise that keeps gardening an always changing, never the same experience.  Snow...such a strange way to do what rain usually does.  The grass seed might have a chance.  This morning we hear that it will be cold for another day at least.  Brrrrr.  It's sweater weather in the house again.

What a way to remember that it snowed on the first day of Radiation.  I don't think I need that combination to remember that today brings the first day of treatment toward a body that with hope will remain healthy for years to come.  It's interesting how radiation and hope have come together  in the task of healing  complementing each other.  Those two words will be the words I sing during treatment this morning.  I have a huge challenge ahead.  It's the mask.  It's tight, very tight, very, very tight and then the whole mask is clamped to the table.  I must accept that challenge as a healing bandage.  I can only hope that with time this part of treatment will be come easier.  I'll make it through with prayer.  

Today will be the first of a few soft tissue treatments.  They should  diminish the fluids that also are a factor in mask tightness.  I'm looking forward to those sessions that should help with comfort.  So...much to learn again with patience and prayer, radiation and hope..  God be near.  Radiation and Hope.  My song.  

Comments

  1. The mask sounds awful - however, it will be a great time to sing the psalms in your head! Some gentle psalms of trust for you and a good walloping psalm for Norbert!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday