The Third Day.

 Yes...It's Easter Sunday.  The stone has been rolled away  and today Jesus is alive in us.  Thanks be to God.  

Yesterday morning the sanctuary work preparing for Easter was completed in short order with my sanctuary worker bees Rosie, Laurel Kathy, Heidi and James.  .  We gathered around 10 and were finished by 12.  A very, very special thank you to Lydia, Sue and Ray for their donation of funds to purchase flowers. I am waiting anxiously to see the results on our live stream worship service at 11 as it comes through our screens..  Lots of talk with lots of supportive words flowed easily during the morning's work.  

Then on to 200 Delaware St. to pick up the box that would once again make my TV work.  What an easy fix after two weeks of waiting.  Not getting the correct first message from a Spectrum lady lead to the saga of waiting.  

I spent some time, well exactly 27 minutes in the garden scraping out weeds.  I set my Iphone timer!  I think Preen will be my friend this summer in the garden.  Such a beautiful day could not be wasted inside.  Parsley seeds were planted  knowing that they will take  forever to germinate.  But some day will come.  Maybe a 10 minute time in the garden today.  Maybe not but I know I will be outside.  I grew up in a family that celebrated Sunday as a day of rest.  Many Easter meals were celebrated with church friends around our dining room table. I knew that took a bit of work.  Some traditions stay the same...some change.  

Doug and I visited Barns and Nobles for a gift certificate to mark Noah's birthday and a walk through with books and toys to see. .  We are heading to the E Russell house later in the day for an Easter Dinner and time with Noah and his family.  

The rest of the day included naps, basketball and early to bed.  

 I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today.  It's the third day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday