Today's LOAD has been rolled away.

 So many emotions...so many things to think about, some being how fortunate I am to live in a good medical environment and having folks that are ready to hear every question no matter what they are.   They just listen and answer.  Yesterday I talked a lot which includes my choir medical friend Sarah at the cancer center, and to the next new doctor,  Dr. Langer and his staff .   And once again support came from the medical folks with good but strange answers.  This just is a very strange cancer like very few others, was the doctors answer.  I'm calling the cancer Norbert. Easier to remember.  So now currently Stella and Norbert are part of who I am.  Norbert is not my friend...Stella, my walker, continues to be a great helping friend on my walks around the block.  She carries my load of Iphone, coat, tissues and more. As cars drive by, people wave.  I think they like Stella as much as I do.  

I now know the next medical plan. I love it when a plan comes together...remember the A Team TV show...One of our favorites,  The plan is radiation for 32 days, 5 days a week.  I'm expecting a phone call today or tomorrow to schedule a simulation session, then a week after that the radiation should start.  I seem to think this is a pretty common approach to move weird Norbert on to his place of unimportance.  

I must admit that knowing the plan has added a mountain of gratitude and lifted a load of uncertainty. This morning my senses are at the top of the scale.  When feeding the birds this morning, I heard their singing louder than ever.  The air felt more refreshing than ever.  My breakfast of free range Michigan eggs looked and tasted better than ever.  The night of refreshing sleep  lasting till 5:45. For now my mind is clear and at peace with what is to come in the days ahead.   I have received a gift beyond measure.  

A few more things...Radiation will cause more hair to be gone for ever.  A small price for continued health.  Dr. Langer suggested a wig.  We'll see. Could I be getting a reduced rate on haircuts?  Probably not. The fluid that comes often from surgeries like mine with lymph nodes removed appearing in my neck,. needs to be addressed. . There is a doctor to help with the difficult of having a good range of motion to the right.    

So now most importantly to my friends in Georgia and everywhere.  It is  comforting to know that you are walking with me and surrounding all who are a part of my life with prayer. .  That is a blessing I am unable to express in words.  One of the last questions asked yesterday...can our UP Michigan camping happen in July?  Not one of the most important questions ask during the past few months for sure,  but the a positive answer would speak of a more normal life in the future perhaps.  The answer.. YES!  

Today should have no more than 15 minutes of garden time as well as time to watch the birds and  a walk with Stella among other things. .  Keeping in mind the verse from from Amy and Shorty's card...Allow yourself to slow life's pace, easing mind, body and soul for healing.  Take the time to reflect on all good memories and meaningful moments.  Take care of yourself and be well. 

This reflection reminds me of so many entries in the Jesus Call devotional book.  Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.  

Comments

  1. Hooray for the plan! Let's start saying good-bye to Norbert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news and great answer for UP Michigan camping in July! Yay! Bye bye Norbert!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday