What would I do?

 What would I do without music?  There is something I'm trying to remember about music soothing the savage soul.  How fortunate to have such a multitude of tunes floating through those 5 minutes of mask wearing.  If the mask is fitting as it should be the time seems much shorter.  If that one particular bone is not in the right place 5 minutes could be an eternity.  But the 3 angels patiently wait until I'm in the best position possible. They don't wait long but they do wait.  They are healing angels. With the snapping of the mask to the table, my mind goes to music.  That good old Great is Thy Faithfulness wasn't quite long enough so I added one of the 23rd Psalm tunes we have sung.  Then it was hearing the unsnapping of the mask.   Fridays include a visit with the Doctor who currently checks for skin problem after I have answered a 5000 multitude number of questions for the nurse or so it seems like 5000.  Those questions will come every Friday.  I am receiving such good care and I am grateful.  God is with me. 

On the way home a stop was made at the hardware store for grass seed and weed killer and a packet of flower seed.  Two to grow and one to kill.  That's the life of a gardener.  I checked one of the flowerbeds and good grief.  Celosia has appeared already.  One plant for the summer is enough or maybe even one to many.  They send out millions of seeds each fall and even Preen doesn't slow them a bit in the spring.  That bed got a raking over.  It was a kill job with the rake but will need to be repeated.  Celosia persists just like this gardener. Yesterday the bed full of Charlie got a redo moving some things from other beds.  The hope is that this bed now will just appear in the spring and do most of the care part by it's self.  It could join a few others that are that smart.  

Noah is here today.  His huge goal for the day is to trap a squirrel.  He's got the wooden box and a very long trip cord around a tree with a lawn chair for him in the garage watching to give a good yank to the box. Sounds like a good plan. Sunflower seeds are the bait.  I'm sure, knowing Noah, that this will be a summer long project.  That man has a plan. 

These past four days have included a multitude of new experiences once again.  Maybe not the 5000 but there were enough.  I'm sure there will be more surprises to come knowing I am not alone.  

Now to the garden.  It's cool but a jacket makes it all just fine.  There is always music in the garden, but one must be silent to hear it.  That's another saying I hold dear.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday