Gifts..

 It's the before time of the day.  Early is on time.  Before a walk in the garden.  Before radiation but after breakfast.  I have the day to fill with good things.  I'll take the challenge.  It will be fun. 

 It was a day of gift giving that filled my day.  I started the day with a body that was extremely tired.  After returning home from radiation I made two trips walking  around the entire garden looking and wondering and thinking about what could be made better for all.  I discovered that with a bit of time what was tired was no longer tired. The gift of energy was back.  Gift number one.  There were more.  Later in the day I made a trip to see Kathy for something I thought was important.  She didn't agree.  Bummer.  But what a gift she gave me.  A free Bird apt for my Iphone.  My goodness.  I can look up anything about birds..  The bird I saw at the hospital  a few days ago was a killdeer.  What a funny bird running around on the road.  I'll remember that bird for sure when spotted again.  We talked flowers and walked her garden.  Another gift.  Friend Patty called to see how things were going wanting to bring more food. Another gift.   Currently the food stash is just fine.  The garden is providing fresh leaf lettuce for salads.  Another gift.  The gift of a mother's day card arrived in the mail.  A little chewed up at one corner but it arrived on time as usual one day late!!!!!    Sweet JB sends funny cards.  I always look forward to that.  Another gift.  Last night I received a gift of sleep.  That really seems to be improving supporting a body that needs to meet the challenge of living each day making the best of what is given.  

I'm thinking of the song Tis a gift to be simple.  My friend no longer with us, Doris shared that this was her favorite song.  Doris certainly was a gift in so many ways.  

Yes...I'm truly blessed with gifts that just keep on giving.  To my readers and many card senders now well over 100...Thank you.  You gift me every time I think of you and that is often.  

It's 8 am...time to leave for radiation.  I will meet my radiation helpers who certainly gift me with love and care each week day.  God is with me.  

Comments

  1. All these gifts are such blessings! For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting and His faithfulness to all generations! Kenzie just painted a flower pot for me for Mother's Day with this scripture on it. When we see Him place such special people in our lives to touch our hearts and help us through things, they are truly gifts from Him. I'm continuing to think of you and pray for you each day. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday