half way mark.

 Three weeks and two  days...gone...Three more weeks to go with radiation.  The body that I call mine is changing.  A bit of nausea.  Taste buds are gone.  My body is a bit on the decline which is a new normal for a radiated body.  It's fighting the monster that is trying to gain control.  My body will win. So far there is little weight loss which we are grateful for.   I'm happy that Jello and custards are available.  My morning eggs  have a bit of cheese added for nutrition. So I'm eating for nutritional needs, not for taste. The radiation taste is not good.  My taste memory bank is empty..  Yesterday Dr. Langar shared that taste buds should regenerate within three months after radiation is complete.    So the lesson is perseverance.  I will persist.  Cancer is not an easy friend to live with.  

So today.  7:30 a walk in the garden.  There is a tomato to plant as well as my new Dalia friends who are visiting my garden for the summer curtesy of  Kathy.  I hope they like it here.  4 cute little pepper plants were added yesterday.  The cucumbers and little zinnias are a bit under the weather since they are such hot lovers and Mother Nature is putting them to the test of survival.  Poor things.  I have company with that survival issue.  

Yesterday was such bird fun.  From an apt Noah and I played oriole songs and out garden oriole's were really excited to find that singer.  Noah got a whole bunch of great pictures running from bush to bush following their flight.  Noah had one more exciting moment in the afternoon.  It included a trip to St. Vincent's Hospital for his Covid Vacc.  His brother also received one and now our family is safer.  This grandma is most appreciative of science.  

My Wed. appointment with the soft tissue P T is continue to show progress.  With therapy the lymph nodes are being stimulated to remove excess fluid.  They must get the process in their memory banks.  So the beginning of that process is on the way.  Wearing a tight wrap under my chin is proving to have some success as well pushing fluid to their "drains".   These past months since November from my perspective seems to have had starts and stops proceeding to health. The health team now seems to be having some success. The end results is yet to be known.  Life is unknown but interesting.  Life is good and God is here.  It's a new day and time to add good things to Gods earth.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday