Have a boat?

 It's raining and will be doing that all day so it seems.  So it will be a day inside with indoor stuff going on.  Just what is yet to be determined.  Probably some putting away stuff.  That always seems to be a to do waiting for the right time.  Doug will be going to church to sing again with the choir.  Being careful with where I put myself is always on my necessary list.  I'll be here doing the on line church.  No need to take any Covid or other germ chances. 

Yesterday afternoon's work was a little plant tearing out to uncover the good stuff.  There is a 100% increase in Common milkweed in the garden.  A few years ago, maybe 10, I killed weeds in the early spring in the garden with spray.  Well, the killing spray continued down into the ground and killed ALL the common milkweed, the garden being covered with that butterfly lover.  Finally two years ago 1 milkweed stalk appeared...This year there are 2.  So it's a 100% improvement.  I'm happy for any improvement.  This one will do but gardeners keep hoping for better.  In the mean time the planted swamp milkweed has carried on supporting Monarch butterflies.  Those plants can be found at garden nurseries.  

The lawn chair was used yesterday with a garden book shared by my neighbor and a view to the Oriole grape jelly feeding station.  I was not disappointed.  What a lovely orange bird that lit up the world every where it could be seen.  This morning I checked the grape jelly and will need to add a bit later when the rain stops.  Bird feeders need to be filled once again with sunflower seed. 

So today looks to be a quiet day. Rainy days are gifts to slow the pace of living.  There's be some soft food eating along with physical therapy time.  Later we will be with Kat and Eric, Andrew and Noah and Kat's mother for an evening meal together.  Life is good.  God is here.  I owe the Lord a morning song of gratitude and praise.  That's been the Sunday song for many years.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday