It's a good day.

 Yes...another good day for thanksgiving.  Up and out the door getting Eric to the bus stop for his trip to Indy.  Yesterday was a good day for him, fully enjoying his going back to his more than a year ago  job.  Then home for a bit and back to IU North for the same old same old thing as JB would say.  Radiation went smoothly without a hitch.  Next came the flower shop at Meijers looking to see what is available for a plant box at the front door.  There are lots and lots of options.  

A trip to Target to return a fan and buy a new smaller knife set.  My set of many, many years had a few broken knives among other things.  Time for something new.  And next a stop to see my friend Dot on the way home. Dot has been a member at North Church and her husband David was a wonderful Sr. Minister at North a few years ago.  Dot is missing his presence.  So happy to find her in the yard doing flower stuff.  Such a sweet visit.  I plan to pick her up for some of my plant road trips.  One of those trips being the great sale coming this weekend at the Blind School.  Under great adult supervision the children of the school  do a lot of planting.  The variety of plants, house and garden .abounds and it's just a wonderful atmosphere that finds oneself surrounded with friends of all kinds.  

The weather is cloudy and a bit damp but a few walks in the garden already have happened getting wet feet and changing socks a few times already today.  This afternoon I have a session with the soft tissue physical therapist.  I am ready.  I've been faithful about completing exercises  at home and I am looking forward to her response as to any improvement with fluid movement.  

I continue to receive get well, thinking of you and other cards from friends.  I truly am blessed and realize that prayers are surrounding me daily as I continue this interesting but strange journey to health.  Who would have thought that after entering the 80th decade of life this would be added to the many experiences that have come along with living.  Life is not avoiding the storm but learning to DANCE in the rain.    Let's keep that toe taping exercise going. Today energy abounds.  

Comments

  1. Actually, you have entered your 80s which happens to be the NINTH decade of your life. Think about it. At age 10, you have finished your first decade and you are entering your second decade which ends when you are 20. So, I am already in my 8th decade - in fact. I am TWO years into my 8th decade. This is from someone who was part of a generation who said we could not trust anyone over 30. Who can trust me now? But why count the decades. Just keep on enjoying the day! The homily for today was on joy - but it wasn't recorded as the previous homilies were this week. I will send you a copy . . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday