Repeat.

 Looks like a repeat day of rain or clouds or something like  that.  I'm experiencing wet feet again after a walk in the garden.  That's expected.  The lawn guys sure have job security this time of year 2021,  Zinnias are on the way up but I'm sure not ready for the HOT weather coming at the end of the week.  So...beware friends.  Don't sunburn.  The cucumbers still are looking a bit down in the mouth.  I think 3 of the 8 have a chance.  

Yesterday Doug and I went to the Blind School plant sale. I chose to miss the crowd by not attending on the weekend.   It would seem that the sale is over.  Because of Covid the sale days were last Sat. and Sun and then during the week from 3 to 6 PM.  Well, it really appears that the sale is over.  Over $ 23,000 is in the tile a gift of a first day sale.  The children at the school work with volunteers to make the plants available.   A few things are left but no cucumbers.  So...I bought 4 little different squash plants.  So a little of this and that in the garden this year.  Now...should I plant them knowing that they will get scorched by the sun near the end of the week.?  Maybe I could make little paper caps for them.  

I'm suspecting that today will be a throw out day.  Those feelings come around every now and then.  I spend a lot of time in my sewing, TV, reading room.  It needs a clean up.  Hoping that the day will prove to be comfortable with throwing away, sorting and just making some good changes.  I might throw in some gourd burning birdhouse making.  Oops...is the throwing out feeling leaving already?

More days of radiation are over,  then radiation to come, at this point.  Taste buds are gone.  Some pounds have been lost.  Difficulty in consuming.  food is something  I never imagined would happen for me..  Of course I also never imagined cancer.  It's a life of surprises. So prayers for a body that is being compromised are needed.  Loosing weight is not an option according to Dr. Lange.  

Currently the  menu consists of radishes from the garden, cottage cheese, lots of sour cream on my scrambled egg, custard, jello and pickled beets.  Today I'm going to try mint icecream.  The word is that cold things are easier to eat.  I'm grateful for all of the above but they are a little short on weight retention support.  I anticipate that a supplement will be added at Friday's doctor visit.  There is a solution.  So today is an indoor day again for at least part of the day.  It's a day given that I will enjoy.  

Comments

  1. I am continuing to pray for you every day. So many changes to go through with all of this! I'm glad you have more days of radiation over than to come. That is wonderful. Can't wait until you are done and can really begin to heal and get back to feeling good. You are doing pretty amazing with all of your trips, your gardening and your wonderful attitude and trust in God. He is near and will get you through. Much love and many hugs sent your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday