Where would I be without the garden?

 This morning my neighbors were out visiting at the garden.  They remarked about my interest in my garden.  They also have beautiful gardens.  A strange emotion flooded into my mind bringing tears of gratitude.  My garden is my safety place.  It has occupied my mind with good things.  It allows me expectations about what could be and will be with care.  It is my hiding place from the storm, a place where I can dance.  My garden is my healing place.  Where would I be if it were winter.  I don't know.  

Where would I be without my friends.  My friends pray for me.  They send cards.  They call on the phone.  They text.  They bring meals.  They visit in the garden.  Where would I be without friends.  I don't know.  

Where would I be without all the hymns that have come to me while masked at radiation.  Holy, Holy, Holy...Great is Thy Faithfulness.  What a Friend we have in Jesus.  There are so many hymns that fill that time.  Scripture...The 23rd psalm for one.  Where would I be without hymns or scripture in my memory bank.  I don't know.  

Where would I be without prayers.  Yes prayers for healing, the family, my sister and her coming knee surgery, my friend Angie who also is in the storm of cancer waiting for her turn at radiation.  Where would I be without prayer.  I don't know.  

Where would I be without family.  Grandsons to entertain me as I think of their interests.  Noah with his Friday visit.  Children who call and visit.  Texting.  Where would I be without family.  I don't know. 

Life with these support systems makes living possible while in the storm.  I'm grateful and so fortunate that support comes from many places and pray that some how others needing support will find it.

So...back to the garden.  It gives me more that I give it.  God is there.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday