A balloon and firends.

 Birthday Day Review.  The day started with a Birthday Text from Eric and cards on the breakfast table from Doug. I checked the garden and did a little "fluffing" of the garden. The computer brought an      e-card from Judy.  Then off to the IU Cancer Center for my last visit with PT Denise.  She has been one of my many rocks through all my visits.  I've graduated.  But before I saw Denise I once again was greeted by the two ladies who see all the folks who come through the door at IU North for radiation and chemo.  They are a blessing.  We joked and talked and laughed as we usually do.  Then who should be at my elbow but Angie, my church friend.  Angie is a mother of 4 who after months of chemo is now doing radiation.  She had just finished her daily session.  She's been through so much and can still smile with a super attitude.  After PT  the ladies at the front desk handed me a Birthday Balloon and candy with more talk with my two friends. .  They suggested the candy be shared with my lunch friends.  Already I had memories to stash. 

Yes...I finally met my teacher friends for lunch at our hangout Muldoons in downtown Carmel.  Jan could not be with us but we'll see her in August for our next lunch date.  Lots of catching up with all of our family events.  The rain kept us talking for quite a while.  The delicious chocolate candy ended the celebration.  

Flowers and a great visit happened at the neighbors.  Kathy is going to check the garden for vegetables  The squash will keep their table well-stocked.  It surprises me how quickly they go from something little to something big.  Peter Rabbitt will keep her company with surprise appearances.  He needs to avoid the hawk who flies by.  Stay safe Peter. 

A phone call was made to my friend Waldine.  We share the same birthday day.   

Another salad for Doug's supper and chicken noodle soup and jello for me.  I'm good with that.  The evening brought a phone call from Michigan Jared.  The day began and ended with my children, both gifts beyond measure.   

Oh, yes...one last thing.  I got a message from my Cleveland friend Nancy who reminded me of another birthday celebration we had many, many years ago with birthday friends spending time at the Children's Museum starting at the top floor and just talking and laughing our way to the bottom floor.  There was another party with friends joining us at the Indian's ball game.  I remember I talked my way through that event not paying any attention to the game.  That's what birthdays and friends are for.  The talking part is a must that heals the soul and brings peace to the mind.  

I think you would agree that the day was a blessing and just what God ordered.



Comments

  1. Wow! And here is a belated birthday wish for what already seems to have been a super dooper day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday