A Lazy day.

 Last night was one of those bracing nights that made those sleeping want to stay in their sleeping bag meaning a great night to sleep.  This morning brought the sun that made it a pleasant time to wear a sweatshirt for some.  Preceding breakfast was a fast game of 3/13 with more to come.  Finally everyone is up.  Then it was time our first pancake breakfast in the U P.  Yum, yum. 






 Now you know how every morning will begin.  At least the pancake part.  It's such a great way to see the family and have some time with the grandsons.  There are lots of good stories that get reviewed.
This seemed to be a nap day for some reason.  But who needs a reason.  There were morning naps. The UP has flys but for now, they are gentle flies.  The biters are not here so if one wants to nap, this is how one might do it.  At least that was the case this afternoon after what was thought to be a short walk to Lake Superior turned into a very, very long walk because I took the long way back to the campsite.  .   

Doug loves to whittle.   He brings sticks from home and just carves away.  This happens a lot.
Meals are simple.  Tonight we finished off the smoked fish that Leslie sent our way.  Tonight as usual we'll hike down to the JB Russell site for a fire.  It's a very short hike.  Only two campsites in between.  

Comments

  1. I am so glad you are doing your blog while you are there. How wonderful to see all the pictures and hear about your day. I have heard much about how those grandsons love grandma's pancakes and remember getting to enjoy them one time when we camped there with you all. They are right! That's my kind of napping! Is that a beard and mustache Jared is wearing??? Have fun! I encourage many people with your testimony and how you are now on this camping adventure! God is definitely always near!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mom/Nana Schaard: it is so great to keep up with you day by day. (And, as I think I may have written before, I will still look forward to Kimmy's account posted after you all get home. I always like binge-reading those.)

    Is there ever ice cream for breakfast in the U.P.? Or does that require Uncle Rick?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wild bunch to me. Black flies? Are those the pesky ones you are referring to? I have a hat with netting for that I will let you borrow for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday