Garden harvest

Our little vegetable garden is being productive.  We've had cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, cabbage, and onions with our latest contribution being squash..  I should say my latest, not our latest..   Squash is eaten only by one of us so it's not an our thing. Yesterday for supper I microwaved the squash.  Scooped out the inside and added a bit of brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon, and then gave it all the food processor grind which took care of some seeds.  Woo...delicious for sure.  It was really moist which is a necessity at this point.  Next time I think I'll skip the brown sugar since my diabetic number is not so good.  There is natural sugar in squash.  I'll take advantage.  Green tomatoes will probably turn red while in Michigan.  

We spent the morning at church and once again sang with the choir.  Then it was time to talk again with many friends.  Some garden visits and once again I added hand pollination with more female squash flowers that were open.  It's interesting how soon one can see that pollination has happened with growth almost immediately.  There could be more squash soon.  There were sprinkles from the sky again today.  Woo...I think the northwest has moved to central Indiana.  Plants are bigger than what one would usually see. I spent some time clipping off Hosta flowers.  If they were to stay till after we returned home after vacation the beds would be a mess.  I do not like to return to more extra work.  

The bunny continues to be found hopping in the yard giving us an unexpected surprise from time to time.  Such a tiny little friend waiting for us.  

For the fruits of this creation, thanks be to God. 

    For the plowing, sowing, reaping silent growth while we are sleeping, thanks be to God.

This morning is a visit to IU North again to see Dr. Langer as well as all the other friends I've made during my 32 radiation sessions.  The I think Kr. Langer will be giving me 2 month till the next visit.  I'm healing well.  

Comments

  1. it's a lovely still life some 17th century Dutch painter would have loved to paint!

    and the vegetables look good enough to eat! we're getting cucumbers and squash, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful picture setting for your lovely veggies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday