Morning has broken.

 The far west is experiencing a drought and we have some moisture to share.  Clouds and rain make for time spent in the house..  The pictures today are of three different colors that I think show a bit of versatility when it comes to daylilies.  There must be thousands of combinations.  

So far these beauties have escaped the deer.  I did another deer spray last evening to be sure the rain hasn't washed off what was sprayed a few days ago.  Our little Peter Rabbit is munching away on a few things but so far I'm saying there are enough flowers for all. So far I've found a tiny zinnia and a few cosmos and a few weeds have made a tasty meal or two.  The bunny is so small so food is a  necessity to make it in the world.  So far carrots are not on the menu. Some summers we have added a Floopsie and Moppsie to the Peter family.  

Bread and bowl for some reason proved to take a bit of extra energy so Saturday afternoon was filled with a few naps.  Really solid naps and perhaps once again the short night might have had something is to do with that need..  I'm not a consistent night sleeper.  I wish otherwise.

This coming week has a return to Dr. Langer for a one-month checkup after the end of radiation.  That month just flew by for me.  Tues is a morning visit with my PT lady along with a return to lunch with the famous Muldoons gang. The four of us were first-grade teachers at Forest Dale School at least 35 years ago.  Because of Covid and surgery, it has been more than a year for me to be with them.  I'd rather be safe than sorry. Oops...almost forgot.  Tues is my 83rd birthday.  There is no better way to spend the day than with friends.  It will be a carry-in supper  The cook is not cooking on her birthday.  Perhaps a trip to the Carmel Dairy Queen might do. .  Next year I'm sure the food choices will be numerous.  

Speaking of food.  The best so far is chicken noodle soup.  Tastes so good and very filling.  I must say that I'm getting hungry now.  That's something new with the need to fill the request.  
Another great weekend with the coming one having us on the way to another camping vacation, perhaps somewhere around at least the 40th one.  I quit counting years ago and although we skipped a few years, Eric was two when we did our first trip.  He's started his 50th-decade of living last year.  

Now about Morning has Broken...The blackbird part, yes those birds speak, and when they do while at the suet feeder I am chasing them off and the suet feeder can even be taken down.  They can finish a cake off in no time at all. 
The praise for creation part is one to be celebrated.  I may need to rethink the blackbird part.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday