On the way...not yet for us.
The Michigan Russell's are on the way to the UP with kayaks and canoe and bikes and all the rest of the stuff they usually take. There is a trailer load with stuff on top of the trailer as well as the car. This will be a blast of a vacation for them and their grandparents. Adam sent me pictures of them crossing over the bridge around 6 am. They usually arrive early afternoon at the campsite. We'll pack tomorrow and leave Sun. overnight at Madison, overnight with Leslie and Dennis, and arrive Tues. It's the old folk's way of getting to Copper Harbor. It works for us.
The rain continues today. My goodness, it's wet. I see no change coming in the weather. I must add the temperature is wonderful. I took a picture of a new perennial called Cardinal Flower blooming a bright red There is one red stalk but many to come in the years ahead is the goal.
. This year the roots are sleeping, next year they will be creeping and the next year leaping. So I expect to see lots of red flowers for the hummingbird in the years to come. The other new perennials are going well. We'll see blooms next year.
Yesterday afternoon we visited the farmers market to buy tomatoes for Leslie and Dennis. UP's short summer makes tomato growing a challenge so Indiana will come through for them again with a few tomatoes. I will do some picking of garden vegetables as well before we leave.
Today is finishing up all the loose ends, There are just a few.
And the question about blog entries during vacation. I'm going to do that if possible. We'll see if it works. So far cell phone access is really limited or nonexistent. The locals seem to think towers are a visual invasion. That could be changing one of these years. Wify is available in some places. So...check on the success.
Comments
Post a Comment