Doing something.

 Today I felt like doing something.  And I did meaning that I explored what was in my favorite shopping store.  Goodwill.  And I didn't find a thing that would work for me.  There are times when I find something that I can use as a visual at church.  One example is a wonderful big earthenware pitcher about 18 inches high that I found on a whim.   Today I was looking for something big that might support the 4 areas of ministry.  Didn't find a thing.  But I looked.    Looking has been on my bucket list for a while and just checking that off now is a feeling of accomplishment.  I finished one more basket that will support the Mission and Outreach Sunday with vegetables connecting with our Farmer's Market experience for the neighborhood.  This is all fake foods much to my dismay but when I loaded the basket with the real thing it was to heavy for the biggest guy at church to carry from the back of the sanctuary to the altar area.  So it's fake and now anyone can be the carrier.  

I'm still thinking about the other ministries and pretty much have made decisions for at least the first part of the fall season.  

It's so good to feel once again that some things matter that didn't get much attention in the past months.  

I received a letter in the mail stating it was time for another mammogram.  What's up?  I guess enough time has passed and it seems like just yesterday's mammograms were front and center when trying to determine cancer answers.  Some things I would like to forget.    I breathe a huge sigh. 

Many thanksgivings can be added to today's news by saying that our camping friend Dennis whose family have camped with us for years and years, but not this year has passed with flying colors the insertion of a heart valve yesterday and is home today resting.  His wife Marcia will take great care of him.  Thanks be to God for solutions that are less invasive but still provide good outcomes.  

And today we had exactly 50 seconds of rain around 5 pm and then just about 30 seconds of rain around 8 while I was out doing a bit of snipping old flowers into the collection tub.  The garden is really suffering.  And once again the rainclouds just go away when they come near the blue dot, our house, on the radar. It's a mystery.  But with little exception, it's been a good day.   Balance is still really wobbly and I will keep tabs on that.  Vertigo is still with me every morning but not as bad as Sat. and Sun.  I'm so grateful for the ability to feel productive in any way that I can.  Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.  Blessings all mind and ten thousand beside.  Great is God's faithfulness.  




Comments

  1. Beautiful even though they are fake foods in it. Nice job! Happy to hear Dennis had his surgery and it went well and he's home. Great is God's faithfulness for sure! Praying your Vertigo is healed quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday