Half of a Day of work.

 Yes...I'm good for about a half of a day of work so it would seem.  Today that first half was really full of some really good outcomes.  As we know church life is a bit different these days.  And visual arts at North has been really different but that is beginning to change.  Today my friend Heidi and I worked all morning making decisions, putting things away, and getting things out to use in the coming months.  It meant making trash contributions, deciding on Goodwill drop-off items, and just getting things back where they belong. .  We haven't done that for a long time  Somehow things seem to pile up at church just as they do at home.  So we worked all morning hanging banners and bringing additional interest to many places in the church. along with what already has been mentioned.  Two very important memorial services are being held this coming weekend with many attending so the church needs a clean-up,  preparing for lots of company. See it's just like home.  God needed the cleaning ladies' touch.  I am so grateful for Heidi's help.  This afternoon the need was grocery shopping for fruit, ice cream sherbert, and more, things I hope will tempt Doug taste buds when he returns home after Thursday's surgery.  Thursday is fast approaching.  Doug is really ready for the hernia procedure.  

Since I used the first half of the day and a little more, of course, the afternoon was filled with sitting and sleeping.  All hours of the entire day, I think were well used.  

The pictures tonight give you a little window view out the patio door.  I think it's stunning.  So here comes the treat.  I must share that what is pictured did not happen over a year or so.  


It's something that started to come together when I retired from teaching which is now almost 20 years.  That was a long-ago life.  Some plantings were tried and did not work so well, The whole back yard was shade and when the tree needed to be removed, lots of digging happened and plants happy in the sun replaced a lot of shade-loving plants.  So things evolve and become even more interesting when new things are added.  I have some plans for change for next year.  More places are ready for daffodils, not tulips, Deer love tulips.  I'm not feeding them if I can help it.  My neighbor needs some shade lovers and a few plants have been moved already and I hope to move a few more.  I call this fun in the garden.  Fun could be added right now if it would rain.  Such a bummer.  Today was a fun decision-making day.  It felt good. 

Tomorrow a few other things are already planned.  Thanks be to God for energy, friends to work with, and a place to serve God and the church community.  


Comments

  1. Your plants and flowers are beautiful! What a view! Keeping Doug in prayer for successful surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your garden has indeed grown over these 20 years - so much beautiful color now. I remember the shade. I remember lots of green. And before many plants there was a sand pit. wasn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING is right! ! Envious. . . I won't have 20 years. . . but the butterflies are visiting what little I'll leave behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your work on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday which should be my days at the church. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday