Many Seasons in the Garden Year.

So today I'm thinking seasons of the Garden.  There's not a spring summer fall and winter season.  So here are my seasons of the garden year.  There is the beginning to think of what the garden will look like.  That starts any month of the year.  There is the season of discovering what got through the winter and ready to push up to discover spring.  There is the oops,,, didn't make it season and then filling in those spaces.  There is the season of identifying what annuals to plant knowing they should be the all summer and fall bloomers.  There is the season of all things are going well but wondering where the rain is.  The weeding season is ongoing.  Then there is the season coming right now I call standing on one's head season.  It's clipping where it's needed and starting the big season of at least a month or more of cleaning up the garden.  I promised a picture of a huge vase of flowers.  Here it is.  And then there is the catalog season. that brings bulbs to plant and after that the season of waiting for the surprises those bulbs bring.  


Yes...this morning I started the takedown of the garden.  It started small but grew some.  Flowers were falling across the path and I thought I would take care of that problem.  The more I worked the more seemed to end up in the blue vase.  



So one small area of the garden is cleaned up and ready for the roofers.  It looks so bare and deserted but I am delighted to know that that small area is ready and resting for next years show.  



I hope the garbage truck man enjoys the arrangement.  




The last red hibiscus flower opened today.  It has been blooming since the middle of July.  What a gift.  





The white with pink center hibiscus bush is still filled with buds and is a show stopper as well.   I still need to try making tea with the flowers.  Sounds sort of southern to me. 




So.  life is great.  I managed to see my hair guy Mike

today.  There needed to be a big fix dealing with 

places on my head where there was to much 

hair and places where there will never be hair.  

His clippers did magic and I'm good to go for a while.  

It takes a village.  I'm blessed with many village members

in many places.  

Comments

  1. Your first paragraph is a good metaphor for tending one's life. . . Weed here, plan there, pull over here. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hibiscus tea was something I often drank in Senegal. More than in Georgia. Although Celestial Seasonings does make it easier.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday