Maybe tomorrow came today.

 There was rain this morning.  I measured 1/2 inch.  I'll still say not enough but some for sure.  The bed by the downspout got a bit more and this afternoon I worked in that bed.  It is filled with lantana, my favorite southern flower that doesn't mind a little absence of rain.  But in that bed also are ornamental strawberries that have beautiful pink flowers in the spring.  Humm...not a great plant to have when weeds are invading and they have.  So the assignment this afternoon was to get rid of the weeds meaning also strawberries.  It's just too complicated to eliminate one and not the other.   The plan is to add a whole bunch of crocus to the group that is already there.  It's such a treat to see those little treasures in the spring.  That's the plan and the place is ready for planting later in the fall.  

The other bulb I am ordering is daffodils.  They are a favorite and the deer will leave them alone.  Not so with tulips.  That planting will be next to the patio.  So I keep my mind on God's creatures who make night visits from time to time.  A few hostas have been eaten but I'm OK with that.  I just like to keep the flowers.  So today I was in the garden for a while and even worked up a blister.  The temperature has moderated for the day being in the low 80's.  That won't last.  

Doug's health continues to improve although he certainly has a body that heals at a slower pace.  We took a short walk down the street.  My hope is that the walk brings a better night of sleep.  

Once again I'm looking forward to a maybe tomorrow event.  We sure could use a little more sky sprinkling around here.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday