Simple day.

 It's about time there is a day of simplicity.  Just hanging out with a great guy.  He continues to move along in recovery.  Slept late.  Ate breakfast late, snacked this afternoon, and is quietly doing his thing in the family room better known as his room.  Talked with my Michigan friend Dennis.  Did some texting, listened to birds, Did some messing with the apt Merlin which is all about birds, recording their song to determine what bird was singing to me inn the garden.  


Finally, the sunflowers are blooming.  I think I planted them to close together for their own good although I did put a wire cage around them to protect them from the deer.  Yum, Yum seeds so the deer say.  They love those flowers.  There have been years when the sunflowers really have taken a hit by the deer with the discovery that all the flowers are gone, completely gone.  So far so good.  







The white flower to the right is just a beautiful hosta flower.  I am not a fan of all the purple flowers that come with hostas.  In fact, I cut them off as soon as they appear but this one is white and is right up against the patio, and has the most heavenly smell.  I love it.  So it gets to bloom although it is programmed to be a late bloomer.  I haven't a clue what its name is besides hosta.  












I really look forward to this little gem beginning to bloom.  It's the obedient flower.  It's just now starting to bloom and is so pretty tucked in among the Blackeyed Susans of which there are many.  It is so pretty and tall and refreshes the garden with a new look when it blooms.  Today 
I also saw the yellow Swallowtail butterfly just having a blast with all the purple flowers.  What a sight.  The Monarch appeared but didn't hang out as much as the Swallowtail.  




The last picture is of a bumblebee.  He was too busy buzzing to notice me and my phone camera helps me enlarge him.  So here he is.  Or maybe she.  We're enjoying the outdoors as well as improving health.  Life is good.  Stay SAFE.  

Comments

  1. I was happy to see your title "Simple day." After this past year, such a title is refreshing - and it sounds as if the day itself has been refreshing. Love the flowers - and the bee! I'm looking forward to a snapshot of the swallowtail.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday