Something different

 Today was a different much appreciated day that came my way.  I was on my way to church around 9:30 to meet with a few folks, one of them being the creative preacher!!!  His assignment to me was a visual one to create baskets or find objects that would represent the four ministries of the church.  My meeting was to make sure that we are on the same page.  And we are.  So my brain is ticking with ideas that can work.  So the picture tonight is one that will be used when worship if the focus highlighting music.  
Now it's going to look something like this.  The book might be gone and something else in its place like rolls of music etc.  Who knows...I can think about this till the second Sun. in Sept.  It's wonderful to have this on my mind instead of some other things.  Upward and forward.  The other areas are Care and Nurture, Discipleship, and Missions. So there is time to think and decisions will be made.  

Instead of offering plates being presented at the altar during the doxology, each Sunday a different ministry will be presented in a visual at the altar.  Money still will be collected in the boxes at the doors to the sanctuary.  How long we will be doing this?  There is no end date at this time.  So...today I talked to a few staff people and I'm moving on to pulling this all together.  Such a fun project.

Today also was a lunch with my three teacher friends of many years.  At least 20 years since retirement we decided.  We taught first grade together many more than 40 years ago. It was my first teaching job after staying at home with the boys.  So we did a whole lot of talking since the four of us had not been together for more than a year.  

Tonight the heat has been pushed out of the neighborhood.  The rain still looms big on either side of us but continues to disappear over our house.  Just a big bummer.  It's near but not near enough.  

Today Doug and I celebrated our 54 wedding anniversary.  Doug is such a great card giver and today's card cover started with the words.  Life Changes  Love Stays.  That was a heart-stopper as I opened the card in the quiet early morning on the patio.  We've had many changes as most folks have particularly living together for 54 years.  So...now on to no. 55.  Harde to believe but it's true.  

Comments

  1. Happy 54th Anniversary to both of you. Glad you have a project to keep you busy and something you love doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute! Are you sure you counted correctly? I was beginning college the summer you were married. FIFTY-FOUR years!

    Actually. I am well aware of that because this last week I was reading a book I used in college and I actually realized then that it was more than 50 years old. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday