The first Monday of the week.

 Well, of course, there is only one Monday in the week.  That's a good thing in this case.  The need to make a trip to Penske Honda was evident when almost all the lights in the van came on saying there was a problem with everything..  And indeed there was a problem discovered after I appeared at the Honda shop at 7:30.  The experience wasn't good and after reading a sign in the waiting room that said to share those experiences with the management, I did.  I don't think I've ever done that before.  And the repair that I was told would be done on Sept 6 was taken care of immediately.  And now the van is back being whole again.  You have the skeleton of the experience.  I'll spare you the details.  And to show my gratitude to  Jenny, who took care of the problem a big bunch of flowers from the garden was gifted to her when I  retrieve the van.  She gave me hope.  

This afternoon I did a bit of deadheading for a few flowers and refreshed the flowers in the kitchen.  We continue in this long drought with the hope that rain may come this week.  It's now about 6 weeks of almost nothing.  Mrs. Monarch was back today and I got some fantastic pictures.  She sat still for some time while drinking nectar.  Seems she was posing for the camera.  




I can call this Mrs. Monarch because of the thickening of the lines on either side of her body.  Now all she needs to do is lay eggs on all the swamp milkweed that is waiting to be the nursery for developing Monarchs.  I keep hoping.  I also have a short video of her drinking from the yellow flowers found at the center of the zinnias.  Yes...zinnias seem once again to be a favorite. So that was my fun in the garden 

The FTD Russell flower delivery service left a flower arrangement at my next-door neighbor's house.  Kathy is substute teaching for 4 weeks in a Zionsville Kindergarten.  Woo...that's work getting those little ankle-biters going on their way.  So today I'm thankful for the Jenny's and Kathy's of the world that keep on keeping on helping others on the path where life takes us.  
  









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday