An Autumn Saturday.

 That means football or something like that.  Early this morning after the rain was over I grabbed the clippers and out to the yard I went to gather a few things for altar arrangements.   It's blooming grass, hosta leaves, autumn joy flowers, and some Lenten Rose leaves.  I love those leaves.  They are so tough and nothing can hurt them.  Then off to church and putting together two altar flower arrangements. I added 4 hydrangeas blooms from the courtyard.  The arrangements look great and I think the worshipers will enjoy them as well.  This is the first time this summer there have been no persons reserving altar flowers.  I do the fill-in time. So far only once...bummer.   Wintertime is a bit more difficult to do the fill-in part.  I'll take pictures and when I get this picture hiccup fixed I'll show you the results.  

Did some refreshing of zinnias in the house.  I decided to see if I could figure out why the printer was not working.  So I replugged the cord and low on behold...the printer works.  What a simple fix.  I  worked a bit on the Worship and Arts presentation again.  It's coming together.  One of my frustrations has been eliminated.  Celebrating!!!  One more hiccup to go.  

Once again I had that feeling that it was time for me to leave the house and enjoy a bit of the outdoors so off to JoAnn's I went picking up a little more black yarn for knitting.  Then it was a short stop at the grocery for just one bag full of stuff and home for the day.  

So now, back to football, editing, and a little knitting.  It's a fall Saturday with clear crisp air, low humidity, sun shining everywhere, and the noise of the football announcer.  It's a wild game between Notre Dame and Wisconsin.  It's just another trip around the sun since last fall.  I am happy to make that trip once again.  

Comments

  1. Envious right now. . . Trying to fill up containers to get ready for the move. . . Longing for a quiet sit down without so many loose ends. . . Soon. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picked up my mums from
    Raelynn's school
    Fundraiser. They look good with the corn stalks Kristen and Kevin brought over the other day. Emptied my flower pots on the porch. Will soon start bringing my Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday