First thing...then more.

 The first thing is answering the question posed by the phantom and other guy. I can find the picture needed  from IPhone and then it won't go to where my post is.  Grr.  I messed it up.  I'm such a futz!  

And now the more part.   Today seemed more like one of those old days as far as being busy.  Since we are a one car family we've got to be organized.  So today's plan.  Doug got up with me and took me to work at our church soup kitchen.  Becky could not be there.  So that was my morning's entertainment.  In the mean time Doug went on to the dentist.  Now that is just a gum visit since Doug has two plates in his mouth.  Not the dinner plate kind but the other kind.  Then he was back to church to get me.  And after depositing me at home he's off now to get his monthly iron shot. Hopefully he will arrive home with the answer to the question....when can we get our third vaccination booster shot?   And then tonight for the first time since January we both will be back at choir practice.  So now you know what the old days were like.  A little bit of this and that to keep us out of trouble. Honoring commitments and meeting deadlines, that's what it's all about.  

The all day rain, lots of it, has refreshed the air that is most enjoyable. I shared with Doug that I often think of Mendelson's Elijah musical rain part section.   Elijah prays for much needed rain and sending a child to look to the sky.  Finally the report back to Elijah is that there is a cloud as big as a man's hand.  The the words the water's gathered, they rush along, rush, along, rush, along.   I simply love the story of Elijah and the musical setting given to this event.  It's priceless.  I sang this work for the first time in college which as you might know was  years and years ago.  Still a great memory.  Yes, yesterday the water rushed along, especially in Aldi's parking lot, me being parked near a drainage pipe!  .  The trees seem to be more in focus probably because the dust and other particles are gone. The air is so easy to breath.  It's still is rather cool but it's Sept.  What would you expect in Indiana.  

So another Thursday.  Thanks be go God for all the goodness we have received and with all that was not so good, support and prayers from so many places has carried us through.  

Comments

  1. It was 47 degrees at 4 am in Conyers. Great feeling to walk out to Vigils. Crisp, clear. I saw Orion rising from the east! I watch Orion throughout the fall - so Orion-watching has started.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday