Renewed.

 We had wonderful rain during the night.  I would say wonderful although I slept through it.  There was about an inch of rain in the barrel and the ground is marvelously wet.  That's a renewal worth shouting about.  So I once again have a garden picture.  The ground has been "fluffed".  The basil got a trim and the flowers again return to spreading cheer to those who visit.  

Another renewal.  My two front teeth have been renewed.  Yes, the dentist visit happened and before we got started I shared my anxieties about the year..    It was a better visit.  The retirement of a dentist of 40 years and starting with a new dentist and given the history of this year has been a mile to far.  Conversations were well received by office folks and this writer.  I think we heard each other in the best sense of the word.  I'm wondering if I have a touch of PTSD.   

I will add that a fall a few years ago while retrieving a suitcase in the garage for a Georgia family visit caused me to land on my face, the two teeth taking a hit.  They needed and received a renewal.  It's just another story in my life of which there are many. 


And now for another renewal story.  For some time our brass flower vases at church have been neglected.  We just stopped using them because they looked so bad.  So I thought the time is now or never.  I would give cleaning a try and if that didn't work.  Well, we'd see.  So to the hardware store, I went to buy good old Brasso.  Yesterday I started polishing.  Yes, they looked just a little better.  So later in the day, I polished again and yes they looked a little better.  This morning I gave it another try and my goodness the tarnish moved off and I gave them the million-dollar rub.  Brasso is my friend for life. Now my arm is in the process of a few aches but I can overlook that when I see the vases.  Here they are.  

I would say stunning.  Such a great feeling to know that restoration is possible.  It never happens without work no matter if it's the garden, church brass flower vases, or the mind and body kind of renewal restoration   Seems there is a sermon there somewhere.  
Renew us oh God by your power and your might.  Part of a prayer written by our former minister Richard Hamilton at the start of the Gulf War.  
The gift of renewal is a treasure not to be abused but to be used.  
Thanks be go God. 






Comments

  1. Amen to that, Sister!
    How about you bring your Brasso over and give my front storm door entry hardward a good rub?
    The Pella man said that a good brasso rub is what it will take to restore it to its original glory.
    Your vases are stunning, by the way. Does the good Lord pay for restoration work?.
    Congratulations on your Brasso success and your newly repaired front teeth, too.
    You are a classic, dear Lela! SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday