What a change.

 The whole month of August was stinkin' hot.  The whole month.  And today Sept 1 felt like a fall day, low humidity and temperature just plain pleasant.  I spent a lot of time this morning on the patio just enjoying the day and guess what...my buddy checked in and here is the proof.  



This little guy has no fear.  He just walks up and takes a look less than 3 feet from me.  Such a cute little thing with the spot on his forehead and a white ring around his neck.  It is such fun to be surprised when he sneaks by quietly.  

For real I made hibiscus tea today.  I took two blossoms and dried them in the oven and then steeped them in hot water.  It's a flavor I can drink.  Sort of mild and not overpowering.  So I did something new.  

This afternoon Doug had a check-up with the doctor, a change in medication and that led me to an interesting evening at the drugstore.  Woo...we are all set now.  That's a great feeling.  The day started very slow but ended with a burst of needed energy.  And I'm thankful for that energy.  

Comments

  1. Peter is growing up! That's a sign he is eating regular meals out of OUR gardens. Since you are cutting yours down, I think he's moved over here permanently! Also, he has many relatives living in my garden beds.
    Sorry I haven't been over lately. Walking is extremely difficult at best and especially on uneven ground. I have an appointment with the surgeon later this month.
    I like the cooler, less humid weather, too. The birch trees are uttering a sign of relief. How do I know? Less leaf drop since the weather turned.
    By the way, you are becoming a very good photographer, Lela. Keep up the good work....SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday