Woo...a late posting.

 Today my mind must have been somewhere else than the blog.  That happens.  I finished up with my goal of can filling.  I'm at ease with how the garden looks and what still needs to be completed.  The weekly cans are at the street for pick up and slowly but surely the garden is getting ready for winter.  Today I saw Peter out in the garden, now with all the hiding places gone.  He still is around but safety from the hawks now could be a factor.  He has grown some which will make him a heavier pickup. 



Doug spotted two Monarch's today.  I told them to get moving.  It's time to start the trip to Mexico.  But the zinnias are still doing well and they continue to bounce from flower to flower.  

I can safely say that all the black-eyed Susan's are now out of the garden.  In that group also are the False Solomon Seal plants.  This morning I spotted tiny deer tracks in the garden.  I thought they had eaten tomatoes but Doug fessed up to that.  

I must get my order in for bulbs.  They will get planted when it's a bit cooler.  It's always great to have something new to look forward to after all the white is gone.  I'm already looking forward to next year's garden.  



I accepted an assignment from our minister to be a part of the finance drive for the month of October.  It's could be quite a stretch for me to share some personal thoughts about the importance of worship and arts in the sanctuary setting. on a Sunday morning.  Something I've never done so why not give it a try.  This afternoon I spent some time thinking and writing.  It's an important part of who I am and I'll give it my best shot.  Also having some words written and feeling somewhat ready would ease the butterflies that come with a late preparation.  Our church has been such a wonderful support home for us for many years and especially this year and I must give back when I can.  And I will.  

Comments

  1. Is Kimmy keeping up with you in preparing her garden for the winter?

    You know that if you write from your heart your witness about worship and the arts will be right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True words.... don't worry Lela... you have a beautiful
    Way with words.. you will do great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday