Mary

 Mary, the mother of Jesus,  Mary K. my sister,  Mary McDonald the composer of such melodious church music, Mary, found in the pew at North, Mary my dancer friend and Mary Oliver, the unique and gifted writer of poetry who can  thread words through nature and experiences and more that shapes the heart. . Today Doug and I made a trip to the library at my request to find Mary Oliver books.  Today I need Mary's words.  I want to be filled with them.  They keep me on an even path.  So Mary is visiting now with  five of her poetry books.  I need Mary.  She boosts my spirits filling the places that need to be filled pushing the questions away.  It's Mary's day.  

Wanting to know a bit more about the needle biopsy scheduled for Nov. 1,  I did a bit of checking on line during one of those sleepless times last night.  Great information with the second procedure called a core biopsy.  Being a person that wants information the sites were very helpful.  Information for me pushes the questions away.  That doesn't work for everyone.  

Just after I completed this last paragraph, the phone rang with a call from the Simon Cancer Center.  Once again Dr. Lochrer and Dr. Schneider are a part of my life with an appointment to reconnect  again meeting  Dr.Schneider Monday, Oct 11th.  Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming.   Sometimes not.    Another reason I need Mary.

And next came a phone call from Patty sharing some information of her yesterday.  Yes a distractor for a moment reminding me of distractors we sent to Kenya, visuals sometimes including fancy light gizzmos  to distract children during tough procedures.  Adults also need distractors at times.  

So...now garden time.  It would appear that it's the last rose of summer among other flowers.  


Doug grafted this rose from somewhere more 

than 50 years ago so that's a great reason not to 

remember the somewhere part.  I remember Doug 

planted this rose at this house when we moved years 

and years ago.  Yes the LAST rose.   It's a pretty little 

thing.  






Kathy's gift to the garden.  Thank you friend.  I've enjoyed this yellow beauty from time to time. 



The snapdragons are revived with all the rain that has

 watered the ground.  The cooler weather of fall

 makes the color more vivid is my observation.  


Another God moment when I think how I needed Mary's gift not knowing about the phone call but having books ready where I could rest my mind for a time.  

A big PS...Booster shots this afternoon!   Blessings abound.  I wish the same for others. Another roof postponement.  Rain on the roof. No big deal.  It will happen. 


Once again music.  Penny's words, Nana to you readers, Kimmy Russell's mother and my friend reminded me of...Ask the Savior to help you, comfort,  strengthen and keep you.  He is willing to aid you.   He will carry you through.  Once again, music covers me.  

Comments

  1. He will get you through again. You have been on my heart and I have prayed for you lots today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday