Memories.

Friday night I unpacked the electric throw.  My terms for a wonderful friend that was with me through some rough times early this year.  It's a small electric blanket that I keep my chair stored in a wonderful basket made by our friend Dennis, the long-ago basket maker, then potter friend, and now retired to muse.  It was the biggest basket I could get in the car sitting between Doug and me on our way home from our annual vacation in Copper Harbor.  Yes, the blanket is back under better circumstances.  Thanks be to God.  It's Doug's job to decide when the furnace comes on and it would appear he hasn't decided as of today.  Fifty-three years of marriage has taught me not to fret the small stuff.  There are plenty of jackets in our closets.  When to turn the furnace on is indeed small stuff in this marriage.   

Just a quiet Sunday. I'm not including football games in that last sentence.  There were plenty of good close games, the outcome determined in overtime for a few.  It got loud in the sewing room.  Lots of fun stitching happened and kinitting finally came off the needles, only to be replaced by another knitting project started this morning.  

Today should be a home day.  Nothing on the calendar.  In fact, the next two week seems to be a bit empty of commitments away from home bringing us to November where things get a bit busy again.  So we'll enjoy the boredom if that really happens.  It would seem that the time will be spent getting ready for the what-ifs and what will be to come.  A gift of quiet time so to speak.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday