Not in my hands.

Since the beginning of the year life has taken some interesting unplanned turns.  And that same journey of turns will probably filling the rest of the year.  This morning I am feeling a bit of left out of the planning part.  I'm not in charge of the schedule.  Someone else is determining what is the best decisions to bring about a return to good health. I've followed the plan. .  My degree is in education, Teaching is what I do.  I'm not a doctor of medicine.  I know nothing about what to do except to follow good advise.  That I think I have done that as well as continue following. .  

You might agree that I am a doer.  Count me in on projects. That's my visual arts church work.  Thinking ahead and getting things ready for the plan is what I love to do.  Thinking ahead with plans  at this point relating to health issues is not on my calendar.  I must wait for the expert.  It's a  discipline that doesn't come easily even with a whole lot of practice this year.   

Yes.  M. Oliver says Time take the time it takes.  There are days I wish time  would just hurry up a little.  I'm just asking for a little up tick on the miles needed to be traveled.  I've finally reached the one week before biopsy time.  Nov.1  is just one week away.  It still feels like way to many days are in between now and next Monday.  Staying the course with positive thoughts should be what is on the menu for the mind.  I pray that will continue through the week.   

Yes the sewing project is finished.  Knitting continues.  A visit from the heating company with suggestions for a possible new furnace.  Uck.  One of those items that no one sees but is absolutely necessary costing a ton of money.  Fingers crossed on that one for sure.  That visit certainly will bring diversion of another kind.  I think there will be a bank visit. 

Here's a visual arts diversion.  Each Nov. churches gather for a Thanksgiving dinner raising money for the most vulnerable children impacted by HIV Aids. Through this program, children receive a meal at school, perhaps their only meal of the day.  Other educational support programs are included in the program for western Kenyan children.. North is a member of this larger church group. October and November always sees some Kenya displays around the church giving a visual reminder of this work.  Our Christmas Offering supports Umoja as well.  Here is one of the displays reminding folks of child centered Umoja program.  

Seeing things reminding me of my time in Kenya bring back lasting memories that I  hold dear.  

Comments

  1. Praying for good results from the biopsy and wisdom for your doctors. Also praying for God's peace for you and His strength. Love the Kenya display for the children! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday