Rainy Day.

 Yes...It's another rainy day and the Rainy Day activity has been a lunch date with three of my very good long-time friends.  We all taught 1st grade together eons ago it seems at Forest Dale.  The first school I taught at in Carmel almost 40 years ago.  What good memories  The noon luncheon started at 11:30 and ended at 1:30.  Today they did most of the talking.  I was in the listening mood.  Talk just wasn't too much with me.  We started this tradition when we were teaching and it just didn't go away.  Our next get-together will be in December.  

This morning before the rain began I harvested a few more seeds and took a few pictures.  


Yes.  Another Daliah blooming.  They just don't give up.  So...I take a picture.  I would imagine the frost will get them soon but really not predicted at this point.  So this flower just keeps on giving.  



I think this afternoon I will start another sewing project which means I'll be getting some fabric ready.  Lots of fabric which means I wouldn't need to think too hard about the process.  That's a perfect project for a gray rainy day.  I much prefer the sun to be showing its rays.  




This is a picture of a pot of Aleo that was on the patio but is now in the dining room for the winter.  This started out as a gift of three plants potted together a few years ago.  Maybe 5 years at the most.  The three plants grew quite tall and in fact pulled the pot over because they were just out of control.  This summer I cut two of them off giving all these little baby Aloes space to grow.  Last summer I decided the plants all needed to go so I did not water them once during their summer on the front porch.  That didn't seem to hurt them a bit.  So now on to the next chapter of their life.  They will have another winter in the dining room.  It will be interesting to see what the pot will look like next spring.  These plants grow on the island of Alcatraz and are bigger than people.  


Talk about persistence with staying power.  Something to remember on a gray rainy day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday