Still giving and I will also.

 This morning I am reminded that the garden is still giving.  Here are two pictures that show their gifts.  




This is the first year I planted fall leaf lettuce.  It's such a gift in salads.  It will be stored in the refrigerator in my salad spinner, a gift from my sister, and will be delicious in the salads next week.  












The dalias are beautiful doing their best before frost.  They are a bit lame in the stalk but still beautiful.  They get to stay around for a while.  


Other things are being added to the garbage cans again.  The beat goes on.  



This morning before 8:30 I fed the birds, washed out the birdbath, cut the bottoms off the legs of some pants and hemmed them.  Wouldn't need to happen if my legs were longer.  Seems to be a continuing problem.  Chopped off lettuce and gave it three washings as my mother taught me to do.  Worked on the Sunday speech and that's a lot of stuff.  Motivation will do that.  

Sewing continues and if I keep the motor going I should be finished with these gifts to be given by a great friend to her family perhaps today..  Busy is so healing. 


 Sunday promises to be a busy morning at church.  It's financed driving month with folks talking about different programs the church offers.  It's my Sunday. We've heard about the Care and Nurture Program,  Mission and Outreach Program, Discipleship Programs for Adults, and the Children's ministry.  So...My turn is coming with the Worship and the Arts program.  I could talk forever about this so it was a slash and burn Thursday to whittle this down to 5 minutes.  The editing floor has more than 5 minutes of stuff ready for the trash.  I've also been asked to participate in the Call to Worship as well as read the scripture for the morning.  I absolutely love reading scripture.  What an honor.   I would say the theme is faithfulness.  Amos speaks about wrong dong and ends my reading with,  Let justice flow down like water.  Martin L. King speech contained those words taken from Amos.  And then there is Great is Thy Faithfulness to open the service.  My goodness another God moment.  All those words are recorded in my memory bank.  It's a well crafter service

My mind is filled with good things.  Another gift given.  

Comments

  1. At 11:00 a.m. tomorrow? I will be streaming you, dear neighbor.
    I have had many visitors and overnight guests. Little time for me but did manage a shower and hair wash on my own this morning. Feels so good to be wearing clean clothes. Cory ls back in Denver and I am well socked and sorted in all departments. What a blessing that is! Enjoying your blogs each day. Where is Peter? SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday