The color is gray. The forcast RAIN

 It's a  huge gray rainy day.  Leaking gray skies and  believe me one  will  get wet when running through the church parking lot with no coat on trying to find a tree for protection.   Yup...that's me for sure gathering knitted hats and head bands to give to Phyllis for the children at school 43.  .  It's one of those before the winter comes the creeks must be full days.  The creeks should be full.  

Church day again and today unlike the Sunday I had vertigo, I participated.  I love doing that.  It' was poring water into the baptismal fount. during the spoken introit.  Scripture reading...MY FAVORITE.  What an honor to read something recorded more than 2000 years ago.  The last part was that 5 minute speech about worship and the arts.  This is the month of church budget planning.   I could have done 10 minutes easily but preacher said 5.    And the first service folks  heard me as well as the second service folks.   Reconnecting with folks is such a pleasure with lots of conversation, some being with people I had not seen in almost two years.  

So what is left of the day seems to demand hot coffee, and the electric throw to be wrapped in.  Football will be added with knitting now and then.  And I'll probably fall asleep in the chair at some point.  Early this morning another hat came off the needles so time to start another one.  The cloudy rainy picture of leaves looks a bit foggy like it really is. .  The tree didn't pass the bar for posting.  We'll get it on a sunny day. 

.  But the little pumpkin sitting by the front door met all the markers and is still strutting his stuff.  That's because he is a ceramic pumpkin used year after year.  For at least 25 years if I figure correctly.  He doesn't rot.  


Comments

  1. And he can't be scraped out an become a fresh pumpkin pie - and you can't roast his seeds!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday