A Saturday of Service.

 Today is the Saturday that North folks provide a carryout meal for folks who stop by the church.  So the great Saturday crew of 5 eager workers arrived at 9 to begin preparation.  The work progressed at a great pace and James and I took an attic break finding things that were needed for our Advent workday next Sunday, Nov. 21.  So another extra job was completed in preparation for our  Advent decorating Sunday.  I always want to work ahead to be ready which calms my soul.  I can never over-prepare.  Habits in classroom preparation don't die quickly.  Perhaps never.  

We fixed 48 meals asking folks to take one meal.  At 11:30 we gave out 2 meals each and there were enough to last until we closed at 12.  It was beef stew day and looked delicious.  The 1 meal take out could be counted as 2 meals.  The portion was huge.  Folks in the area can find a hot meal prepared every day by three near by churches.  Our days to provide are Tues, Thurs, and Saturday.  I work on Saturday.

On the way home I picked up two huge binders related to Visual Arts at church.  Lots of pictures and a huge directory of information concerning how the church year progresses at North with helpful narrative to implement special Sundays.  I worked on this a few years ago before Covid and once again reading it I would state that the details are impressive.  My, what a wonderful help for a director to come when I pass that on to a new person. I will take time to read through it again.  There are lots of details.  

The rest of the afternoon is football-watching time.  The needle will be working for a short time.  Nothing serious.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday