Morning as risen

 So interesting that my prediction about the morning time when sleep goes away is usually 3 am. It happens more than I would like but it is what it is.   I'm usually right on with number 3.   Time to think about what has been and what will be.  I'm so at peace waiting for the surprises that life will bring.  The achs remind me that healing is happening and can't happen without reminders of where I was and where I'm heading.  North's long ago Sr. Minister, Dick Hamilton prayed a prayer with some of these words...Surprise us oh, God by your power and your love.  That has been burned into my memory for at least 30 years.  That prayer was set to music and was sung by the choir.  Perhaps music was the anchor.  

Today started early as you know and the time was spent with Umoja cloth napkin ironing.  The prints are wild with color and beautiful in a wonderful African way.  The container is once again full of napkins in waiting for next year's celebration.  All 250 of them.  I just ironed 225!  They were not all used at the dinner.  The financial goal set for the evening exceeded expectations.  Celebrate with me.

Today it's a trip to the bank, buying some Christmas gifts, making an appointment for a hair cut and delivering the napkins to their storage home.  I'm sure the sewing machine will be in gear at some point this afternoon.  

The temperature today promises to be in the high 60's.  Woo what a gift.  My hope is that it continues for a while knowing that next week the new furnace will be a two-day installation event.  Could we be so lucky?  So life flows on in endless song, how can I keep from singing.  It's another anthem singing in my memory bank. There are many to choose from.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday