Another early mornng.

 Yes...early is what it is all about.  This time the 3 o'clock hour was spent thinking through Advent preparation at North. Time well spent.  With all of that filling my mind space I got up, washed my face, drank coffee and scrambled eggs, and then to the computer.  I dumped what was on my mind to the screen and now I have an announcement for Sunday church and a plan to make Advent come alive once again.  It would seem to be that it happens every year!  This year...something new.  The congregation will receive an invitation to be a part of the preparation on Sunday, November 21 immediately after the second service.  It's time to share the work.  There will be plenty of guidance from the Visual Arts Team.  We'll get her done.  

Yesterday's good news about no cancer...only pre is still with me and one to feel a blessing for.  My sister told me to eat some ice cream to celebrate.  I did something even better.  I planted jonquils.  The hole is huge filled with 40 jonquils along side the patio where I will enjoy them for all of next year's spring.  In the bulb, there is a flower.  Only God alone can see.  Yes...another song in my head.  I'll see the flower next spring for sure.   

This afternoon the plan is to stop by Second Presbyterian Church to help with decorating for the Umoja Dinner tomorrow evening.  It's a wonderful time to be together, celebrating the program that brings hope to so many children of western Kenya impacted by the plague of Aids.  Children who are heads of households can find hope in the ability to attend school through tuition funding and, having perhaps their only meal of the day bringing them to a place of safety and study.  Funds provided through Indianapolis area churches do that for children in western Kenya. Two of my now-famous Wren Gourd houses help to make that happen in an ever-popular silent auction along with some pottery donated by the Jared Russell family also supportive of this work.  

So Life flows on.  There is work to be done and the strength to be a part of that work is noted with great thankfulness.  

Comments

  1. How much of the pottery will feature the beautiful crimson forest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very grateful for your good news, Lela!
    AND Glad you have another happy event for which to plan this Thanksgiving. A change of scenery, too...that always soothes the soul.
    Stella and I have been out and about. Increasing our distance more each time. Thanks so much for the loan....SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday