Early Bird

 It's early.  Should we say 6 am.  That's early for me to be thinking about words.  So there may be a few less. I can report that last night's preparation for Sunday's decorating went swimmingly.  99.9% of what needed to be placed in areas was placed.  I'm still thinking and the .1 percent means a pole forgot to be moved to the office.  

Today's work includes more votive candle pouring.  These little candles need thicker wicks than one finds in purchased votives.  Thicker wicks support a more robust flame that is more visible to the congregation.  Years of decorating have taught a lot about what people can see and can't see.  They let us know.  And finally, I'm fixing the pink Mary candle used on the third Sunday of the month.  Sometimes the how can I fix this candle comes after years of trying just about everything but failing.  I could write a book about candle-making experiences in my kitchen.  The family would be included.  They've seen it all.  

Notes from Georgia have been helpful.  We are the first group of visitors to the monastery since Covid's arrival and the monastery folks are finding their way along with us to make this work.  Knowing we're the first group is helpful as far as what's stocked usually in the kitchen refrigerator.  I would imagine that it's completely empty and that's good news to hear when it comes to grocery shopping. Past visiting groups leave things behind.   Not much of an addition added but that information is really helpful.  No surprises are good.  But there will be some for sure.  We are ready.

There should be time today to think through the cracks of what needs to happen in the next week.  Time well spent, I would say. We'll be with folks who can pick up the pieces that have fallen through those cracks.  It will be puzzle completion, card playing, walks on the trail, laughing, sleeping, eating, and all the other things I've missed in posting that make a family, both ours and the monastery folks enjoy time spent together.  

I am grateful for the challenges that keep me thinking.  Some of those named Georgia, church, continued responsibilities, and writing.  They are gifts.  Some would identify them as jobs.  I call them gifts beyond measure.  My mind is ready for the day.  Blog completed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday